Founded in 1891 by Neville Campbell, the Club moved to Halkin Street, between Hyde Park Corner and Belgrave Square, in 1946. Membership is drawn from Scots, those of Scottish descent, a close association or empathy with Scotland and things Scottish.
The Club works closely with Kinloch Anderson in Edinburgh, renowned experts on Kilts, Tartans and all aspects of Highland dress. When the decision was taken to have our own tartan, Kinloch Anderson were the natural partners. Their design team used key elements of the Club’s history. The sett of Clan Campbell was chosen as the basis of design, after the founder Neville Campbell. The colour story is based on the saltire blue of the Scottish flag, the purple hues as seen in the Club’s branding and finally the red from the Morrison tartan. The Club house at 9 Halkin Street was originally built for Hugh Morrison in the 1907 as his London residence .
In addition to formal highland dress, the Tartan will be featured in a number of day to day items, from an Edinburgh Day bag to a laptop cased. Permission to wear the Tartan is only granted to Members.