Sarah Spreckley on behalf of Park Lane Events
It’s that time of year when invitations start landing in your inbox for the exhibition season. We all know that these dates are an essential addition to the calendar when working in the events industry, but how do you prioritise which ones to visit? As a smaller venue, we are very selective when it comes to deciding where we should exhibit, yet there is one date that we always ensure is in our events diary – the Buyers’ Networking Club Event Show which takes place on July 10th at Central Hall Westminster. This show proudly markets itself as ‘the show eventprofs recommend’ and after exhibiting there for the past 2 years – we tend to agree.
Here are 5 reasons why we think you should visit and if you do – we look forward to seeing you there!
- With an impressive selection of companies all available under one roof, visitors to the BNC can meet face-to-face with properties, suppliers and event related businesses. It’s a cliché but it’s true – people buy people and the show offers the opportunity to chat with event buyers, venues and business owners in a relaxed and informal setting which isn’t often the case at traditional networking events.
- If you come and visit us on stand 128, you will have the opportunity to meet directly with David Balden, the Club Secretary and Lyndsey Taylor from Park Lane Events. David is the font of all knowledge when it comes to The Caledonian Club and can answer any questions you may have (and can also share lots of great anecdotes and stories about the Club if you have the time!)
- As a Scottish member’s club, the only way to see The Caledonian Club is by becoming a member or by holding or attending an event there, but you don’t need to be a member to hold an event at The Club! If you pop by and introduce yourself to us at the show, we will be able to add you to our mailing list where you will receive updates, special offers and an invitation to our Summer drinks on the terrace which is a lovely event! There may even be whisky on the stand!
- Another reason to attend the show are the Seminars! The BNC organises a varied and informative programme of educational seminars, providing the perfect opportunity to learn from industry experts on a whole range of topics, trends and tech that have an impact on the events industry. It’s often difficult to keep up to date with changes and innovations and this gives an opportunity to bring yourself up to speed as to who and what the movers and shakers are.
- And if you need any more reasons to attend – complimentary catering is available all day for visitors and exhibitors – need we say more?! With delicious breakfast, elevenses, lunch and afternoon tea options offered along with drinks – the show will keep you fully fuelled and energised throughout the day. The show also runs hourly competitions with some fabulous prizes available as well as a pre-chosen free gift when registering. The show understands your time is precious and they are grateful that you have taken the time out of a busy schedule to visit.
We would love to meet you! The Caledonian Club will be located on stand 128 and our team would be delighted to have a chat and tell you a little more about our gem of a venue.