Categories Of Membership
Introduction by existing Members is the primary root for new Members to the Club. However it is not the only route to membership.
There are three main categories of membership; Town, Country, and Overseas. Within each category there are sub-categories relating to age.
Individuals who satisfy following qualifications may seek election of the Club, when proposed and seconded by two existing Members or following interview by the Committee
- being born in Scotland or of Scottish descent.
- having a close association with Scotland.
- being employed in Scotland or by a Scottish company.
- having been educated in Scotland or having a recognised Scottish professional qualification.
- being a Scottish landowner, or having owned a property in Scotland for at least five years.
- having been resident in Scotland for at least five years.
- having played or playing a significant role in Scottish life.
- being married to, or in a civil partnership, with a Scot.
- being Alumni Member of one of our partner schools or universities.
To explore the categories and qualifications criteria further or any aspect of membership please contact Membership Secretary on 020 7333 8714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUNG MEMBER, SCHOOL LEAVERS & GRADUATES
The Club actively promotes applications from candidates between the age of 18 and 35. There are various sub-categories with a range of incentives for each sub category. The criteria for membership are identical to those outlined opposite.
- 18 – 25 No entrance fee and membership is granted for the equivalent of one year’s subscription. The subscription can be paid as a lump sum or annually and is renewable up to age 25.
- 25 – 30 No entrance fee, the Young Member annual subscription for the appropriate category (Town Country or Overseas) is payable.
- 30 – 35 No entrance fee, the annual subscription for the appropriate category (Town Country of Overseas) is payable.
All school leavers, male and female, who fulfil the membership criteria are welcome to apply. An introduction from the School Master or Principal means no proposer or seconder is required.
RE-ELECTION OF FORMER MEMBER
A former Member who voluntarily resigned his/her Membership of the Club and who paid in full any entrance fee in force at the time of their election may, subject to the approval of the committee, be re-elected to the Club on payment of Subscription only for the current year or the portion thereof.