Introduction by existing Members is the single largest source of new Members to the Club. However it is not the only route to membership. We currently welcome applications from those suitably qualified. If you are a Scot or have a close association with Scotland you could apply for membership.
There are three main categories of membership; Town, Country, and Overseas. Within each category there are sub-categories relating to age.
MEMBER AND CLOSE ASSOCIATION to and EMPATHY with SCOTLAND
having any of the following qualifications may be elected to membership of the Club by the Committee, when proposed and seconded by two existing Members:
- being born in Scotland.
- being of direct Scottish descent, that is to say, tracing descent from a Scottish father, mother, grandfather or grandmother.
- having, in the opinion of the Committee, the closest association with Scotland.
- being not otherwise qualified but the son or daughter of a Member.
- being employed by a major industrial, commercial or professional business in Scotland.
- being closely associated with a multi-national employer’s Scottish interest.
- having been educated in Scotland or having a recognised Scottish professional qualification.
- being a Scottish landowner, or having owned a property in Scotland for at least five years.
- having been resident in Scotland for at least five years.
- having played a significant role in Scottish public life in government, the armed services, charitable bodies or academia.
- being married to, or in a civil partnership, with a Scot.
YOUNG MEMBER, SCHOOL LEAVERS & GRADUATES
the Club actively promotes applications from candidates between the age of 18 and 35. There are various sub-categories with a range of incentives for each sub category. The criteria for membership are identical to that outlined above.
- 18 – 25 There is no entrance fee and membership is granted for the equivalent of one year’s subscription. The subscription can be paid as a lump sum or annually and is renewable up to age 25.
- 25 – 30 No entrance fee, the Young Member annual subscription for the appropriate category (Town Country or Overseas) is payable.
- 30 – 35 No entrance fee , the annual subscription for the appropriate category ( Town Country of Overseas) is payable.
All school leavers and graduates, male and female, who fullfil the membership criteria are welcome to apply for membership of the Caledonian Club. To apply, please speak to your Headmaster who can propose you or contact the Club directly.
To explore the categories and qualifications criteria further or any aspect of membership the Secretariat are on hand to help.
Application for membership
Application for membershipClick Here to download